Monday, April 09, 2007

Wanting a Little Less Drama - #9 of the 365 Collage Poetry Challenge

And we're back to the present after a little time travelling.




Easter Monday and another market on the way home. Again, very little in the way of magazines so I didn't make any purchases. In retrospect, I'm kicking myself for not buying an antiquarian book on scripture illustrations. It was a large format book, and the seller said it was published in 1899 although I didn't verify the date within the cover. I wanted to think about it, and go back later. Besides I would've had to ask Robbie to hand some money over for me to purchase it. And then it started to pour with rain, and we ran back to the car, and I forgot all about it. I can't even remember the exact title so I can't torture myself by googling to find out it was worth a fortune.


At the market was the silver statue. The little kid told him it was easy to stand still for long periods of time, so the statue got down from his platform and dared the kid to try it.




Today's collage is a wish of how I'd like things to be:


Copyright 2007 Diane Curran

No comments: