Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Collage Poetry Recipe: 365 Day collage poetry challenge

Copyright 2007 Diane Curran
The original collage poem recipe
cut-out ingredients
misplaced words
leftovers
recycled language
A dash of truth
A pinch of fantasy
stir up build it
Add something unexpected
Words hit their mark
no matter what happens
the language is sumptious
individual
infused with
creative nourishment

someone asked me how i do my collage the other day, so it got me thinking about my technique (if that's what you call it.) Sometimes I'll have a couple going at once. I'd like to have a dedicated surface so I could leave collages in progress out. However my cat believes that any flat surface is available to him and he makes the most of it. As it is, he has been sitting on a bunch of words today after I finished this poem.

Anyway, by thinkng about how the collage happens, I came up with 'the collage recipe.'

I'm a day behind with the collage at this point. Ironically, i had the day off work yesterday, and I didn't do a collage. I was having caffeine-withdrawal headaches, threatening to become a migraine and I ended up going to bed early.

I wonder if there's such a thing as collage block because that's probably what I'm going through right now. I will catch up.


No comments: