Sunday, July 22, 2007

A hiatus from Collage Poetry and a Cafepress special promotion



Okay, I admit it. I've been really really slack when it comes to the collage poetry thing.


My scanner died, and combined with all the extra work I've been doing, I just couldn't fit in the time to collage. Until I got inspired to collage a mask for the upcoming Romance Writers of Australia conference. Here's the result.




Now it's that great time of the year where I actually get some money back from my taxes, so I've purchased one of those all-in-one scanner-copier-printers. I love it!


So it's time to get into the collage again


I haven't neglected it completely. I have bought a heap of second hand magazines and have been cutting out the necessary vocabulary. And I realise before the trip to Sydney in a couple of weeks, I may have to clear the magazine shelves at home to make room for four. Robbie's father has been storing a heap of magazines from the nineties for me. In fact, picking up half of them 18 months ago lead to the creation of Chickollage and the beginning of the collage poetry obsession. I guess he still has them....anyway, I'm prepared to pick them up and bring them home.


Cafepress has announced a special promotion on t-shirts: buy three t-shirts and get one free. Head over, check out the range....you just never know. I just purchased one of Jen's designs...Legendary Punk Poet...to wear to Byron Bay Writers Festival....





Jennifer Gordon on the other hand is making inspired photo collages with gorgeous flowers and colour designs. I have added a new section to the store purely for greeting cards because these collages will make stunning cards. You can now buy cards singularly, in packs of 10 or packs of 20 and Cafepress have also added notecards. Check out this new range - Jen has an amazing eye to putting these designs together.


No comments: