Sunday, September 30, 2007

New collage projects

I've been very slack on the new collage front. Trying to develop systems to make the collaging easier but there is still so much to do which has nothing to do with collage.

Actually, I lie. I've completed a 3D collage poetry project. I cannot show it to you here now as it is a present for a friend and I don't want her to see it until she opens her parcel. But all will be revealed once I know she has her custom collage. This is probably the first of several 3D projects as long as I can get my hands on the raw materials. Unfortunately, items pictured in the Spotlight catalogue do not always appear in my local store, so I'm going to have to talk to someone to have them ordered in.



I think the anthology will be next year's project. We're heading into Nanowrimo in a month's time, and I want to knock my novel Diary of the Future into shape for submission so I doubt that I will be able to collage every day. It certainly was a nice idea but realistically I cannot keep it up for any extended period of time.

I also have now registered chickollage.com so am deciding what needs to go on that site. Last year when I first came up with the term chickollage, somebody registered the domain name, obviously thinking they would be able to sell it back to me at a profit. Well, the registration lapsed so I grabbed the domain.
I've also added a large number of Jennifer Gordon's photo collage designs to the greeting card section of The Chickollage Shop. It's great to see that you can now buy greeting cards in lots of 1 or 10, and there are also notecards.

2 comments:

Mariashall said...

That's a great idea. A novel idea. Something new and unique. I like it. How did you come up with such an idea? Poetry collage. Cool! A comment would be appreciated or you can visit my site at http://4yourknowledge.com

Tom Evans said...

That cat situation is *sweet*.